Bile Ratha

Bile Ratha is the Celtic version of the tree of life, a motif found in many mythologies such as the Norse Yggdrasil and the Upanishads Universal Tree. It is associated with the ancient mating of heaven and earth - the Great Marriage. The World Tree links humanity to the cosmos as its roots press toward earth's axis and its branches reach toward heaven.

The Celts regarded Bile Ratha as the symbol for the center of the universe, the axis mundi, which is also a place of entrance to the Otherworld.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Akhilandeshvari - Never Not Broken

Akhilandeshvari, a Hindu goddess representing the concept of "never not broken," embodies a different perspective of the hero's journey where typically the goal is to achieve the destination and the desired state is wholeness or completion. In the "never not broken" version, the goal is the journey and the desired state is flux.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am blown away by the picutre of the statue! Please tell me more about -- where is it located, who's the artist, any more information?

nyx said...

I wish I could help you out, but the site I downloaded it from had no attribution. That's NYC in the background, but I'm not entirely sure the statue actually exists there. It is a pretty amazing pic though! I love how her inner light shows through the cracks!

The Sufi poet Rumi said: "The wound is the place where the Light enters you,” and I think that's a truth. If I ever found the artist, I'd love to give credit.

Thanks for your interest!

Post a Comment